Home Remedies to Fight Chronic Yeast Infections
Chronic yeast infections are characterized by recurring symptoms such as itching, burning pain while urination, painful intercourse and thick whitish vaginal discharge. Recurrent yeast infections are a signal that the body is out of balance, because of which the PH of the vagina is altered, causing rapid multiplying of Candida albicans.
In order to find the best remedies for your candida issue, especially recurring situations, you must first diagnose the problem correctly. The most common problem with candida occurs in the Vagina. Vaginal infections are caused by a number of organisms, which normally inhabit the healthy vagina; the most common causative fungus is Candida albicans.
Chronic yeasts infections can be effectively treated with the help of home remedies which are natural and safe.
Chronic Yeast infection symptoms are ‘nonspecific’. It is possible that you may be suffering with most of the yeast infection symptoms but still you are not infected with yeast. What this means is, the symptoms caused due to yeast infection are ‘common’ and they can be caused due to other organisms also.
This is the reason that symptoms alone are not enough for diagnosing chronic yeast infection.
The common vaginal yeast infection symptoms
- itching and burning in the vaginal area,
- swelling, tenderness,
- chronic flat red rashes,
- soreness and pain in and around the vulva,
- burning during urination,
- thick, whitish, cottage like vaginal discharge,
- Virginal odor,
- Digestive issues,
women with active sexual life report pain during intercourse, In some cases sexual dysfunction is also reported.
10 Home Remedies to Fight Chronic Yeast Infections
Some of the Home Remedies to Fight Chronic Yeast Infections that not only relieve the symptoms, but also prevent it from coming back are:
- Garlic: Garlic contains strong anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. It can be eaten raw or applied topically over the affected area to remedy the yeast infection at home.
Garlic is found be very effective natural yeast killer due to its strong anti-fugal nature. But before you use this remedy make sure you are not allergic for garlic. Wrapping garlic in small cheesecloth and inserting in the yeast-infected vagina during night clears yeast infection naturally overnight.
- Honey: Another yeast infection home remedy is honey. Applying honey on the affected area is a tried and trusted natural remedy at home for recurrent yeast infection.
- Boric acid: Boric acid can change the PH level in a woman’s vagina. It is one of the best weapons against yeast and is available in the form of capsules in the market.
- Organic Coconut oil and Cranberry juice: The consumption of organic coconut oil and drinking cranberry juice helps in curing, flushing out the body, as well as preventing recurring yeasts infections.
- Black walnut: Black walnut encourages more oxygen to come in to the blood stream, thereby rejuvenating the blood system and keeping the body healthy. It also controls the amount of sugar in the body which further stops the yeast growth.
- Neem: can control a yeast infection as it has both anti-fungal properties, as well as anti-bacterial properties.
- Dietary changes: One of the effective ways to treat chronic yeast infection is to prevent them from coming back by maintaining some dietary changes. Avoid eating foods which are high in fats, sugar and carbohydrates. Cut down on alcohol and mushrooms. Avoid foods that are made up of yeast such as bread and beer.
- Many women in some parts of the world extensively use tea tree oil as effective chronic yeast infection home remedies. Using a lubricated tampon with drops of tea tree oil is found to be the most effective treatment for vaginal yeast infections.
- Lactobacillus acidophilus found in Yogurt produces antibacterial hydrogen peroxide which can easily eradicate yeast infection by its strong anti bacterial nature. You can consume yogurt orally or you may also apply non-sugared natural yogurt on the infected vagina as a topical medication for immediate relief.
- Neem Leaves are also very effective in treating yeast infections. These leaves are strong anti fungal and anti bacterial in nature. They also serve as excellent blood and skin cleansers.
Though all the above remedies are found to be chronic yeast infection home remedies but you must be also aware of what actually causes chronic yeast infections. By educating yourself with possible causes and making minor lifestyle changes accordingly you can keep yeast infections miles away from your body.
Excessive caffeine, alcohol and junk foods are culprits of several problems. Avoid them as far as possible. Also consuming processed foods, margarine, milk and other dairy products can trigger yeast infections in your body. Keep a strong check on what is suiting to your body and what not.
Avoid sharing pools, baths etc with infected people. Always use condoms during sexual intercourse. Do not use scented perfumes, sanitary pads and body sprays, they provide ideal environment for yeast to grow and multiply. Always wear loose clothing through which your skin remains ventilated; avoid using tight clothing that inhibits free air flow.
Most of the available over-the-counter medications and drugs for chronic yeast infections have side effects. It is for this reason that many people are turning to natural remedies for yeast infection. Natural remedies are not only safe from side effects but these remedies also help in stopping rebounding of yeast infection after sometime